Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fundrasing Fun :>

It has been a CRAZY week! My hubby had to travel for work this week and my mom was so kind to help me with the kiddos:> In between, my thoughts and prayers have been around precious Sutton and how quickly we can get him home to us. It has been pretty amazing how many times James 1:27 has been brought to my mind this week. I am doing the new Beth Moore James Bible Study AND out pastor preached out of James 1 this past Sunday.
"Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us." James 1:27
God has been confirming to me over and over again that it is time to allow for him to move us COMPLETELY out of our comfort zone in this adoption. I really, really, really do NOT like to ask people for money and I dont do well when I have to WAIT for something. I know that God is calling us to bring him glory in this persuit of precious Sutton. SO...here it goes....this is my very first post dealing with fundraising.....
Several fundraising options have been brought to us, some from friends in online group forums and some from our everyday walk:> Right now we are looking at Momprom, Golf Tournament, Pancake Breakfast, Dinner w/Silent Auction, Garage Sale and a Puzzle Piece Fundraiser. At the moment, standing here, trying to look forward, this can seem to be a bit overwhelming....but I KNOW that he who began a good work is faithful to complete it in Christ Jesus :>
You have probably noticed that I have added a chip in widget to the blog. I would love if you all would prayerfully consider partnering with us to raise ransom to bring this precious one home :>
I am hoping to post a section with all the estimated adoption costs broken out, but for now, the first piece we need to cover is the homestudy.
Lots of Love from the Fields Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment