Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Exciting News!



Jason and I are so excited to share with everyone that after much prayer and research, we have officially committed to adopt precious Dalton! He is in a different country in Eastern Europe, so we should  not run into the same issues we had with the last country and agency. As a matter of fact, we have already been approved by our new agency and are working on official country committment documents to register him as matched with our family in his country.

Here is a link to our new family committment page http://reecesrainbow.org/33667/sponsorfields. The agency was so kind to send us updated information on Dalton and this is a picture of him from the end of April.

God has been so faithful to us and I am excited to be able to share more details with you along this portion of our adoption journey.

Just yesterday, in my prayer time, I was asking God, if you really are calling us to adopt this child (we have already had this coversation times before, but I can be stubborn) can you plesae reveal to us what should be his name? Out of nowhere, literally nowhere, the name Jonah came to my mind. I was like....ok...is this me...or is this God....and then Jonah 3:2 came to me. Here is what 1-2 says:
 "Then the Lord spoke to Jonah a second time: “Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh, and deliver the message I have given you.”

Wow, talk about a verse just reaching out and speaking to you. This was not the first time I have prayed to God for clarity and I love how God is pointing out the second time and get up and go! So we will be changing Dalton's name to Jonah Andrew.

Please continue to pray for us :> We are kicking up the fundraising efforts and would love to get this little man home as soon as possible!









3 comments:

  1. So excited for you all! Dalton is cute as can be and I love his new name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you and Jason and your precious family. What a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your commitment to little Jonah. He is precious! Our new little one has DS too and she is in the same country as Jonah.

    ReplyDelete